Sunday, June 10, 2007

First week of the hoilday

Day 1- 26May2007

Time sure flies. This was already the first day of the holidays.Today was a tiring day. I woke up at 5.45am to get ready. As today, I will be heading on a 4 day 3 night camp. We will be going to Malaysia! I am so excited as this will be my first time going overseas. But there was nothing much on the first day. All we did was ride in the bus for one whole day. WE travelled fro one whole day just to reach Cameron Highlands which shows how small Singapore is. On the way up i even puke! This reminds me that i could not take a bus ride for too long. So for most of the time in the bus, I slept to let time past faster. Before i know it, we finished our dinner and were in our rooms. I have never slept in a hotel before let alone a 4 star resort. In Malaysia, a hotel can also be referred to motel. And it feels great! To be enjoying myself in a bathtub.

Day 2- 27May2007

Perhaps it is because of my sickness that i am unable to sleep that night. I slept for only 3hours. So i woke up at 4.30am. It was still dark. And not forgetting that we are on a mountain a little above the clouds, it was freezing. And i took a hot bath to warm myself which feels heavenly. Today we spent a few hours on Cameron Highlands before heading down. And i puke again but not as badly as going up.I did not eat much for yesterday and today i have no appetite at all. The next stop is the Rose Garden. The flowers there were amazing. The were many kinds of variety from roses to sunflowers. And for the day's highlights, the Fireflies cruise!! I enjoyed myself very much that day and managed to fell asleep soon.

Day 3- 28May2007

Today was a short trip. Firstly, we went to the padi fields and get to know of the diseases that the rice plants will die of. We went to look at the vast area of land put aside for farming. Next, we went to the rice mills to see how rice i being packed. Then, we proceed to the oil mill. We have to know that oil palm is the cash crop of Malaysia. In the oil mill, we could see lots of fruits from the oil palm itself. We were introduced to two types of oil that comes from the fruits and explained to the processes it have to go through. And to end off the day, we did what we love most which is shopping!! We took less than an hour to shop at the mall as the traffic jam is stalling our time. Alas, we finished our last meeting that night and head to bed.

Day 4- 29May2007

Woke up today at 9am and missed breakfast. The time was tight and both my roommate and me have to pack things up quickly. Somehow, we reached the lobby faster than the teachers and successfully check-out of the hotel. Everyone was tired and mostly slept as we head for lunch at an unique restaurant. The food prepared were amazingly delicious and i could not help but ate more than usual. Lastly, we head to another shopping mall for free time before heading back to Singapore. By the time we reach school, it was already 7pm. Slowly, everyone sat up from their seats in the bus and got our belongings. WE then dismissed ourselves. Well, that is the end of the trip and everyone had had an early night. Home sweet home~!

May 5- 30May2007

Everyone returned to school except me. Want to know why? Because my mother do not allow me to take part the activities on that day. So i stayed home and took my time for sleep since i lack of them. Guess what? My brother will be going for NS(National Services) soon. And i would be able to use the computer for my projects.

May 6- 31May2007

Today is special. Do you remember something now? Yes, today is Vesak Day. Well, i do not celebrate Vesak Day so why am i so excited? Because, i would be going to a book fare. There would be all sorts of books mostly from China and Taiwan. I really look forward to it as i love to read books. Both my mother and me set off for the place at noon. It was magnificent! The place was huge and contained different categories. I remembered that i came to a book fare before. I managed to buy a few books from there and went home late.

Day 7- 1June2007

Today is band day. Band starts at 9am sharp so i have to report there at 8.45am to latest. Any later than that, it would bring punishment to myself. And right before band ended, it started raining heavily. Luckily i brought my umbrella or i would have been soaked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home